- T. Bäck, D.B. Fogel, and Z. Michalewicz, editors.
Evolutionary Computation 2: Advanced Algorithms and Operators: Chapters 6–12, pages 38–86. Institute of Physics Publishing, Bristol, 2000 A series of chapters providing comprehensive reviews of different EA approaches to constraint handling, written by experts in the field
- B.G.W. Craenen, A.E. Eiben, and J.I. van Hemert.
Comparing evolutionary algorithms on binary constraint satisfaction problems. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 7:5 pp. 424–444, 2003.
- A.E. Eiben. Evolutionary algorithms and constraint satisfaction: Definitions, survey, methodology, and research directions. In L. Kallel, B. Naudts, A. Rogers, Eds. Theoretical Aspects of Evolutionary Computing. Springer, 2001.
Clear definitions and a good overview of evolutionary constraint handling methods from the CSP point of view
- J.E. Smith. Genetic Algorithms, Chapter in Handbook of Global Optimization Volume 2, , pages 275–362. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 2002
A good overview of constraint handling methods in GAs from the COP point of view
- Z. Michalewicz and M. Schoenauer. Evolutionary algorithms for constrained parameter optimisation problems. Evolutionary Computation, 4:1 pp. 1–32, 1996.
The on-line accompaniment to the book Introduction to Evolutionary Computing